Present

Sometimes my head is just overloaded with information … whether it is the endless stream from the workday, or the limitless demands of motherhood. I have to confess that there are moments when I start to lose it. “It” meaning, I start to completely lose the “present.” I may be sitting in a business meeting or engaged in a work related project and my mind begins to wander, did the babysitter remember where to pick up the girls from dance or, did I in fact cancel my son’s dentist appointment - because he really wanted to go to that birthday party - or, did my oldest daughter finish that important current events assignment at school?

At home, I may be putting the Blockbuster DVD in the mailbox instead of the birthday invitations or, picking up the remote control to the TV and using it to dial the office.

There is just so much to do and remember in our lives and it may be stressful, but I have to admit that I enjoy the mixture of responsibility and excitement from being in charge of a family and a business … Being healthy and driven - before the time comes to step back and grow older. This is the time, during the chaos of work and family, in the prime of our lives.

I have come to the conclusion that thinking ahead in order to make it all function, and the “loss of the present”, merely mean that my mind is doing its best to be everywhere, trying not to miss out. It may feel disjointed, but it is life in its prime, and I am enjoying the crazy ride as it is, right now ...

No comments:

Post a Comment